General

A place for discussions about anything

WWKP Who has the banner??? banner@kiteaerialphoto.org

Comments

• Remember to post an image of your signature Sue.
  • Thanks Barry. I've got the 'signature' just about worked out.

Fly High

Sue
  • Sue, when you come to sent the banner on, pack it even flatter then I did. The post office charged me more because is was just over size, depth wise.
  • I believe I'm next on the list and all being well, the banner will be heading with me to Britain's most isolated Island, St Kilda. We have a boat trip booked 20 May.
    http://www.kilda.org.uk/

Simon
  • Don't eat the seabirds, Simon (as the old St. Kildans used to). They're not very nutritious and sound very nasty. Great place for KAP though. Wonder if it'll come to me in time for my Colonsay trip?
  • SueSue
    edited April 2013
    I've started WWKP & WWKW 2013

WWKP 2013 FLY HIGH SUE (19)

@ Simon I've a good weather window so you should have the WWKP banner in good time for your voyage to St Kilda.
    Have a look at Graham Clifff's " A good reason for flying to Shetland" or maybe not! It's video of a ferry ride!!!

I'm going to the Millom kite festival on 10 - 12 May with a tour round the Lake District and will send it on after I've been there - or maybe after I've been to Nothumberlandia during the next week.

Fly HIgh

Sue
  • We've relatives in Shetland so quite used to ferry crossings to the Isles. The Pentland Firth is notorious, had some right hairy trips. The trip to St Kilda is quite something though, as it is out to the west into the Atlantic. You block book a couple of days and they choose the day with the best forecast. Seasickness almost guaranteed. We're heading for the Hebrides first planning leaving around the 15th so it would be great to get the banner for then, Sue. Cheers
  • Before the photo in the last post, I went to Bridlington on the East coast of Yorkshire, England. It was a really low tide AND an East wind- perfect for the shots I have wanted to take since the Spa was refurbished a few years ago.
    WWKP 2013 FLY HIGH SUE (55) WWKP 2013 Bridlington (44)

After a failed try (not enough wind on the cliff top) at North Landing Flamborough -here's a photo from the cliff path:-
    WWKP 2013 The fishing cobles pulled out at North Landing, Flamborough

I then had fish and chips in The Ship Inn, I went to the 'new' lighthouse

WWKP 2013 FLY HIGH SUE (24)

Today, 4 May 2013, I KAPed the Beverley Minster. There was little wind on the ground but once the kite was in the air, the wind turned out to be too strong for the Dopero Drone. However it stayed in the air and I had a strenuous session with most of the the photos not level!!

WWKP 2013 BEVERLEY MINSTER  (48)

With one or two which made the session worthwhile.

WWKP 2013 BEVERLEY MINSTER  (42)

I'll have to go back in lighter winds from a different direction.

Fly High

Sue
  • I'm nearly ready to send the banner to Simon.
    I've drawn a picture on it in the British corner of the banner, and will add the places before it goes.
    I've signed it for Eric (I forged his signature quite well) as suggested. He would have loved being involved. Thanks for the suggestion.

MAD for KAP Sue.jpg

Fly High

Sue
  • edited May 2013
    Sue-
    Well done! How do you put your imprint-copyright on your pix posted..I'm with Photoshop Elements on a Mac...haven't tried to do it yet...
    Fly high
    Paul
  • SueSue
    edited May 2013
    @Paul (and anyone else) it's " iWatermark. " you can have any number of different watermark styles and content and is easy to use
    It's for PC or android. I just googled it and there's all sots of choices for different systems

Fly High

Sue
  • Thank you Sue,
    I am on the trail...searched iWatermark...
    pmc
  • The WWKP banner at Millom kite festival .UK

The banner has been on display at Millom kite festival today 11May 2013. It was admired and commented on by a few. Tomorrow I'll put it nearer the public at the edge of the arena and try for some more KAP over them.
    It's going to be posted to Simon H on Monday morning so he can take it to the remote island of St Kilda.
    I've had fun with it and have been very pleased to have it for WWKW and for this festival.

Fly High

Sue
  • SueSue
    edited May 2013
    I've been looking out at a rainy kite festival since 10 am. I've now finished my signature on the banner.

Sue's signature WWKP banner

Here are some more pics.

Fly High
    Sue
  • The banner was posted to Simon by 9-45 this morning. It should be with tomorrow. Good old Royal Mail.
  • SueSue
    edited May 2013
    The banner was in East Yorkshire England in April and May 2013

The WWKP banner was in East Yorkshire England in April and May 2013

And in Cumbria England in May 2013

The banner was here in May 2013

Fly High

Sue
  • Love the signature Sue.
  • Thanks Barry. Yours was wonderful. I wanted to put an arrow to where I am but thought I'd better not. It could have set a precidence

Fly High

Sue
  • That did cross my mind Sue, I would not have minded.
  • Too late! The banner's gone

Fly High

Sue
  • Never mind Sue.
  • The banner is with me, thanks to Sue, and heading for the Outer Hebrides, Lewis, Harris, and weather permitting, out to St Kilda.
    Simon
  • Thanks Sue for your participation and Simon for your update.
    Regards
    Ramiro
  • SueSue
    edited June 2013
    I found the photo I had hoped I had taken of the WWKP banner at Beverley Minster.

WWKP banner at Beverley Minster

Farewell banner. I enjoyed your company.

Fly High

Sue
  • Any photos yet Simon?

Fly High

Sue
  • They've been on the WWKP group for a while now Sue.
  • I'll have a look now.
    Fly High

Sue
  • Great. I'm glad you had fine - if very windy time with the banner.

Fly High

Sue
  • James is now planning to hand the banner to Kieren on Thursday 13th, at least 4 KAPers should be present at the hand-over!

Will post photos when I recover from vacation!
  • SueSue
    edited June 2013
    Yes I can be at Cairnapple James.

Now I'll be with the WWKP banner again, I'll have the chance to add an arrow to Puffin's drawing of Britain. In fact, we all can!

Fly High

Sue