Meetings

Information regarding the gathering of KAPpers including the upcoming KAPiCA '06

KAPiZoom 2022 is Set for 29 January 2022 - All are welcome to join the fun

edited January 2022 in Meetings

Based on positive feedback received I have initiated the KAPiZoom 2022 meeting.
Covid continues to disrupt our human lives.... and limit our physical gatherings....
Thankfully the wind still blows....and the electrons (internet) still flow permitting us to gather virtually via Zoom.

The date is set of Saturday 29 January 2022 from 2- 3:30 PM US EST (New York), 7pm UTC (=GMT).
Additional details, including the zoom link and password will be posted here on this thread the day of the meeting.

Please post your best KAP shots from 2021 that you are willing to share in this flickr group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/14737404@N23/

Please share this link to other KAPer communities.
WW

KAPiZoom 2022-01-29

Comments

• Shared on the French KAP forum.

• edited January 2022

Cool. I'll try to attend. I have a new R/C rig that I'm working on for my Sony RX0. Don't know if it will be built by then, but I can at least show the CAD.

• Wind Watcher: Exciting stuff and I look forward to joining the Zoom event.
    May I suggest that the start time is also published as 7pm UTC (=GMT) which might be easier for those outside the USA to convert to their local time?

• Shared in the Facebook KAP page.
    See you there
    Sue

• OK OK thanks WW,
    I will join the event
    SMAC from Italy

• I'll try to be there this time. Last time I was at work. :-)

• All,

For those planning on attending, I am looking for some presenters to share their fun kite and KAP ideas / experiences / favorite photos.

I am working on the draft agenda this week. Please send along your name and rough subject you wish to present. Plan on ~ 10 minutes each.

montagdude & Smac - thank you for your notes I have added you to the agenda.

WW

• Wind Watcher: If you like, I could present a piece on my plans to undertake what might be called 'Retro KAP', i.e. using my 1943 Gibson Girl R.A.F. rescue box kite to loft my 1988 Ricoh film camera which has an in-built intervalometer. My talk would include mention of how 3D printing was used to make a rig to carry the camera.

If you give the go ahead then I will start preparing my hair and looking for a tie!

Thanks for organising this event.

• Wind Watcher: Sorry to ask but please advise whether I am included as a presenter in the KAP Zoom event.

• Aeronaut - I have included you as a presenter for the KAPiZoom 2022 event. Thank you for stepping forward. Looking forward to the Retro KAP mixed with the 3D printing!
    WW

• Wind Watcher: understood that I'm on the schedule. The parts for my new rig have arrived, and I've mostly assembled the frame now, so I should have some real things to show by then.

• Willing to show my new auto/manual rig hopefully with input from Bill Blake.
    Fly High
    Sue

• All, Getting closer to KAPiZoom 2022.
    An email has been sent out to invite KAPers to join in the fun and to contribute what you have been working on. If you wish to present we still have time slots open. Please post your subject here and or email me your details.
    See updated draft agenda for our zoom meeting below.

WW
    KAPi Zoom 2022

• Hi all!

Hope I am not too late to get in with a presentation ... the topic would be "Kites as an aerial scientific platform - the case of a Roman Villa rustica"

I will talk for 10 minutes, no more - about how we've found a villa rustica using a near-infrared camera on a kite - if that's ok with you and if there is still time.

Thanks!
    Saša from KAP Jasa - kite team Slovenia

• All, Lots of interest in the KAPiZoom 2022 event and in presenting.
    I have added 30 minutes to our zoom meeting.
    Will need all presenters to keep it short and sweet to get all the subjects covered.
    The detailed agenda is in the lower right corner of the info graphic.
    See updated agenda below.
    WW
    KAPi Zoom 2022

• A few minutes to introduce some kite festivals in Europe, how I travel with 5 kites, 6 rigs and 3 reels and a short presentation of a new French Kite association Cap cerf volant… 10 minutes max….

• Updated Agenda - time expanded to 2 hours.
    WW
    KAPi Zoom 2022 20220129-agenda-2

• Hello to the hosts/organizers,
    I would love to attend but (as this is 8pm in my time zone) we already scheduled some family visitors for that Saturday evening. Do you plan to record the meeting that there is a chance to (re-)view it later on?

• edited January 2022

Same fault, same punishment for me ! (typical french expression ! ) I would be pleased to review it later, Jim if you could record ?
    thanks in advance.
    Michel

• Thanks Jim for, putting this together.
    Looking forward to Saturday. I am not well versed in Zoom; couple questions:
    Do we go to the link, which ends in "dz09 " and then get prompted for the meeting number and passcode
    ( need to have them handy ....? ).
    Is it possible for each or any of us to record what we see and hear, to refer to later ?
    Paul

• All,
    The zoom link with password will be posted here prior to the meeting on Saturday.
    With everyone's permission, we are planning on recording the KAPiZoom 2022 event and posting it to YouTube within a few days of the event.
    WW

• One of my Zoom best practises is to upload my presentation to my dropbox account, generate a QR code from the dropbox URL and post the QR code on the last slide of my presentation for the participants to scan should they want a copy of my presentation.

• Big snow storm tomorrow. Fingers crossed that we don't have a power outage before the meeting.
    If during the meeting I disappear, you will know why. :-)

• Been snowing all morning here too. Fingers crossed that the power and internet stay up!

Below is the zoom meeting links and information. If you have not done so, recommend downloading and setting up the zoom application on your device (PC, Tablet, phone) prior to the meeting.

Presenters should practice sharing your screen / audio as this is what we will be doing during KAPiZoom 2022.

See everyone on Zoom on Saturday!

WW

Topic: KAPiZoom 2022
    Time: Jan 29, 2022 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81037633038?pwd=MGZnMjFqcW96L3lRUzFLYWZHcmlkdz09

Meeting ID: 810 3763 3038
    Passcode: 965562

• All, See the final agenda for KAPiZoom 2022 below.
    I am planning on a simple toast to the new KAP year... so please have an adult beverage near by ;-)
    Reminder - zoom links and required passwords are in the above post.
    See everyone soon.
    WW
    KAPi Zoom 2022 Agenda

• Jim, with our time difference in Tahiti, my adult drink to toast to 2022 will be my morning coffee !!!

• Great group and very intetesting presentations. Thanks Jim for organizing.

• SueSue
    edited January 2022

Great to see you all.
    Thanks Jim for setting the KAPiZoom up.
    Hope to see some of you during 2022
    Fly High
    Sue

• edited January 2022

Jim -
    Add my thanks with the others. Looking forward to the next gathering, even if it must be virtual.
    I tried to make a comment when mention was made of ITW kite shortages. I wanted to remind all that
    our very own Ken Conrad often has kites, when others don't. Check him out at Brooxes.com (Brooxes Shop
    at the top of this page ). Always fast, friendly service, keeping up Brooks' tradition.

Any one know how Brooks is doing ?

Thanks again to all who were on board, especially to Wind Watcher !
    Wishing fair skies to all,

Paul