Lessons Learned

Had an epiphany? Stepped in a metaphorical cow pie? Share the experience here.

Sometimes things do not look better from an aerial perspective

Kattendijke is a lovely village when you drive through it, with a nice 15th century church and orchards surrounding it. I figured it would make a nice subject for KAP. I made an effort to get as close as possible to the church. But that turned to be more difficult than I expected. I ended up with shots of backyards cluttered with rubbish, sheds, etc. Finding a subject that makes an interesting aerial photo is one of the hardest aspects of KAP. Do you recognize this?

Comments

• Absolutely ... it's difficult to choose a cool enough subject to a) get an attractive shot and b) create/visualize a story.
    And sometimes things hidden behind walls shoud stay hidden :-) ... (we had an awful experience with a KAP session over an attractive castle - turned out the guy who rents it totally neglects it; the courtyard was full of rubbish, a hideous plastic roof covered a part of it etc.; reported it to local heritage protection office - and they were shocked).

• Well I, for one, still think it's a nice picture.

• edited May 2021

Come on, these backyards still look reasonably tidy. And the church ist still visible, even nicely embedded in its sorrundings.

• This was my second try for the Kattendijke church. I managed to get closer this time and it was a sunny day. I am happy with the results this time. https://flickr.com/photos/190981670@N06/51154156610/in/dateposted-public/

• It's a good photo, and certainly a great improvement on the first one. It pays to persevere!

• Well done on the second one! Two pictures from a different perspective - that's a series ;-)

• Wow great viewpoint. I like the ring of houses surrounding the church.