Had an epiphany? Stepped in a metaphorical cow pie? Share the experience here.
Winter has a firm grip on the North Eastern part of the United States....no surprise for February!
We have had about a foot of snow on the ground for several weeks. This has cut into KAP / kite flying time a bit. Been enjoying flying kites several times a week .... with snow sticking to the kite line at times. KAP sessions are averaging about 1 / week....
The pandemic has reduced my work travel and kite activities have been limited to one of my favorite places to fly kites....the Wind Watcher proving grounds!
Experiments above the Wind Watcher proving grounds (field behind my home) have continued through the winter months... Main focus of testing has been on:
- Tweaks to the adjustable dynamic spreader (Mike Leduc) for the ITTW Levitation delta kite.
- Bridle adjustments to a couple of Rokkaku kites
- Experiments with the Sony in camera Play Memory - time lapse app.
- Drone testing....picked up a DJI Mini 2, completed registration and obtained my FAA Part 107 commercial drone license...
- Been experimenting with taking 4K video from the Mini 2 of my kites showing how they perform in different wind conditions.
- Testing the quality of both KAP Sony A6000 images vs. the DJI Mini 2 images with both using raw files with some post processing.
- Did have a bit of excitement with a kite stuck in a tree..... story coming....
See a few comparison shots - see if you can tell the difference between the KAP shots and non KAP shots ;-)
The snow from above. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUuf1q8
More snow from the above. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUqRh3e
I have also included a YouTube video showing the kite testing above Wind Watcher proving grounds.... with a surprise at the end!