Camera control technologies range from Silly Putty to radio systems -- gather your notes on how to set up the cradle here
What's new in 2020?
Hello, and greetings from Bahrain! I've been away from this forum for some time, but still fly kites and my (Canon S100) camera from time-to-time.
I'm curious to know what's new in 2020?
- Anyone still flying dSLR's?
- Has 1" (sensor) cameras became popular? (Was really excited about the Sony RX0, but all sample GoPro stills looked better.)
- Most interesting: is live feedback common among Kapers? I saw a DJI drone with live feedback on an iPhone, and was blown away with the quality, distance and refresh rate. If so, how is it done? WiFi? 4G/LTE? Other dedicated frequency / protocol?
- Do modern cameras support remote-triggering?
- Are modern cameras still hack-able (CHDK / SDM)? I still rely on SDM and my trusted gentWIRE-USB or CAMremote.
- Anyone using Smart Phones to control (pan/tilt) the rig? (or trigger the shutter?)
- Any advancements in image/camera stabilization for KAP?
Here's a photo I took during KAPiNED 10 in May 2010